Social Media Manager (Contract-To-Hire) APPLY NOW
Have you ever had to spend several days under the sheets instead of a few fun hours in these streets because your period showed up making a fuss?
Are you the person in your circle Googling various (period) symptoms and saying, “Sis, there’s a vitamin or herb for that!”
Can you spot a trending GIF or meme and instantly know how to repurpose it into relevant brand content?
Do you have a true gift for valuable gab and witty copy
If you answered, “OMG, this is so me!” then read on for the deets on an open Social Media Manager position with My Happy Flo.
About the Company
My Happy Flo is a feminine wellness brand changing the relationship women have with their period. Through educational content, community and access to holistic remedies, we are empowering women to become the CEO of their menstrual health. Our signature product is a plant-based supplement formulated with ingredients proven to support estrogen balance, and alleviate heavy bleeding, cramping, bloating, mood swings for a happier, healthier time of the month.
About the Job
Part-time / Contract / Potential to develop into a full-time position
We’re looking for a witty and savvy Social Media Manager who can create engaging and educational content and captions for our unique audience. Our Social Media Manager should be fluent in women’s health, particularly periods and hormones. S/he must also be completely comfortable initiating convos surrounding menstrual health. If you naturally refer to your period as “my visitor” or “my monthly,” then, sis, trust this ain’t the role for you.
The main responsibility of My Happy Flo’s Social Media Manager is to not only spread awareness of menstrual and hormone health but to also build awareness of the My Happy Flo brand and its signature product. You will:
- Connect with current and prospective customers, actively replying to comments and direct messages
- Curate and manage the social media calendar
- Lead content ideation and implement social strategy
- Work cross-functionally with management teams to create clear calls of action that convert engagement into sales
- Set and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) and report actual performance against KPI
- Analyze social and sales metrics for content optimization and any strategy improvements
- Remain up-to-date on social media trends as well as culturally relevant trending topics in the menstrual health space
- Be comfortable writing captions in the voice and tone of our community (Our customer profile is 90% AA 25-44 yrs old )
- Become a My Happy Flo expert on our strategy, points-of-view, unique audience, brand voice/tone and our product(s)
Our ideal Social Media Manager will have:
- At least 2-3 years social media coordinator or management experience, preferably in consumer packaged goods
- A background in and passion for working in the health and wellness space, preferably in menstrual, reproductive or naturopathic health
- Strong communication skills and comfort discussing menstrual health topics
- Creativity and an eye for design
- Curiosity and proactiveness
- Sharp “Google PI” skills (You’re resourceful and your research skills are on point!)
- Experience in Canva or Photoshop/Indesign and Milanote
- An ability to chop and serve technical health topics into digestible pieces
- Results-driven energy
- A bit of wit to craft captivating and relatable captions
- Well versed in all things Black Girl Magic and an obsession with everything social media
How to Apply
Submit your resume and a cover letter introducing yourself while answering the following questions below:
- How could your background help My Happy Flo build a successful and active community and drive repeat sales?
2. What’s the most fascinating fact you’ve learned about hormones or periods?
3. Include at least 1-3 samples of brand feeds you've helped curate and manage
Submissions without an intro/cover letter will not be considered
2022-04-30|||Remote|||Social Media / Marketing||||||mu09WQ4NUBWn66VX|||CONTRACTOR|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false